Welcome! I am Vapegrl, and Vapegrl.com has been my home on the web since 2012. I am a professional writer whose life was changed with the discovery of e-cigarettes in 2010. I was a smoker for more than ten years, and I doubted that I’d ever be able to stop. I simply knew of nothing else that came close to mimicking the sensation that made smoking so addictive — until I found e-cigarettes.
[yellow_box]Want to make your first experience with vaping the best that it can be? Read about the best e-cigarette for beginners.[/yellow_box]
My Vaping Story
From the moment that I first touched an e-cigarette, I never used tobacco again. I smelled better, felt better and spent a whole lot less money. It’s been seven years now, and I’ve never looked back.
The e-cigarettes that were available back then were very different from the ones on the market today. The “three-piece micro e-cigarette” was the norm in those days. You’d connect an atomizer to a battery, and then you’d place a capsule containing a wet sponge on top of the atomizer. When you inhaled, the atomizer would draw nicotine liquid called “e-liquid” from the sponge and vaporize it.
Sometimes, the sponge would burn. Other times, you’d simply get almost no vapor. Almost always, the vapor would taste a little like plastic.
Still, the sensation was there — the “throat hit” that no other method of nicotine delivery could mimic. That was enough to make it possible for me to switch completely from smoking to vaping.
There had to be some way to make the experience even better, though.
Finding the Best E-Cigarettes
I think that lots of people who vape have stories similar to mine. Vaping strongly appeals to people who love gadgets, after all, and people who love gadgets love to find ways to make them do more. Before long, I was buying every e-cigarette and trying every e-liquid I could get my hands on. I learned about cartomizers. Later on, I learned about dripping and tank systems. I learned how PG and VG affect the vaping experience. Vaping isn’t difficult, but there definitely is a learning curve if you want to get the most out of it.
By 2012, I had learned quite a lot about e-cigarettes. I decided that it was time to put my experience and my writing skills to use — so I started Vapegrl.com.
A Source for E-Cigarette Reviews and Vaping Help
Now you know who I am. What is Vapegrl.com? Through my nearly five years of running this website, my mission has never changed. I strive to fulfill the following five goals:
- Provide honest e-cigarette reviews. I always try to find the positive aspects of a product, but I don’t hide the negatives.
- Provide vaping help in terms that are easy to understand, avoiding or clearly defining jargon as much as possible. How do you vape safely? What are cigalikes? What are box mods? Why is my e-cigarette gurgling? I try to answer every question here.
- Write in a way that’s completely friendly to newbies. There’s no elitism here, and there’s no exclusion of non-experts.
- Build a website with beautiful, readable text. I hope you’ll agree that Vapegrl.com is easy enough on the eyes to encourage lengthy reading.
- Minimize promotion as much as possible. I am a professional writer, and I may earn affiliate commissions through some of the sales made through this website. I do need to keep the lights on, but I hope you’ll agree that I’m not in your face about it.
Browse around, enjoy — and please keep coming back! Follow me on Facebook to keep up with what’s happening here. If you have any questions at all, please contact me — feedback only makes this website better.